Friday, February 26, 2010

The taste of my tears

You know one thing about me? I cry in silence.
If you ever see my cry in your face, its cause I let you.
Somehow the weakest moment felt as if my strongest moment.

When I cry,
I take a few steps back and then curl up in a little ball.
Or I would hid my ugly red nosed expression from the people near me.
I would run far far away, and perhaps go to a coffee shop.

I'd order warm honey sea coconut from the aunty.
Then tell her my parents are nearby, when they weren't.
So she won't worry.
I would find a place to sit and wonder.

Whether on the rooftop overlooking the wonderful city (or carpark in my case).
Or on top of a very high shelf, about two stories high.
Then I'd sit and wonder, wondering about how special I am.
How incredibly blessed I am. How grateful I should be instead of sulking.

Sometimes its like a little wake up call. A wake up call I wouldn't even have gotten, if I have thought of strategizing my plans with precision.

Nevertheless, thank you.

M
(I will stop wondering for now)

No comments: