Mel: Uh, if its too personal I apologize. But, I'm just curious lah.
Q: (smiling shyly) You leh, are u still a virgin?
M: Eh donkey, i asked u first ma.......yea I am. I only wanna lose it after my marriage.
Q: Yea I am.
[What the bullshit, Qiada LIED to me, she wasn't a virgin, I only came to find out after 8 months. Well I dont blame her, as sensitive issues like this are not to be messed around with people u've only known for less than days. So i guess i understand why she didn't want to be open with me]
After 8 months...
M: Hi Qiada, how are u lately? Mum told me about your new bf. This new guy damn social and nice hor?
Q: Ya, then you leh? I'm sure u got stories for me to hear hor. Just came back from YING KOK.
M: No lah, i dont have any. No body also like me leh. And I wasn't desperate to find for one js yet.
Q: Ya meh? who is tht in ur mobile phone then?? huh? The one on ur wallpaper. Chinese? UK?
M: No lah, wht the freaks man, u curi tengok my mob?
Q: Eh, shop phone mah, how i know is urs ah? Besides, both our phones are the same mah.
M: Yealah yealah, excuses.. Yea i kept him in my hp for quite some time now. He made me calm down during my examination period. Everytime i see him, instead of facing four walls, it calms and helps me breath.
Q: Oh, not bad uh ur taste.
M: Eh dont run away from the question here. How's Ricky? Seems tht he damn nice guy hor, everyday waiting for u, fetch u home. Nice bf u've got there. Although not as good looking as ur ex lah, but very well mannered.
Q:oh, not everyday. Just Wednesday n weekends.
M: So, when am i getting the wedding invite? Btw, how old would it be right to get married?
Q: Def not now, maybe when i'm 26 or when we're both doing ok.
M: Huh? But u slept with him already? Isn't tht enough? Your both in love already right, so u've found each other, why wait somemore?
Q: Coz i dont want him to change after we get married. Anyway getting married has nothing to do with sex ok dear.
You dont have to get married just because u've js been ****ed ok.
M: Er? WHAT? huh? exxxxcuse me???!!
Q: Yalar, u wanna get married, for what? because of LOVE u say? No NO NO... getting married is js like getting a cert. And do u know why u want the cert? Because your baby will then have a proper name. Understand?
M: Um, oh gosh. Well? I havent thought about it tht way. I guess it makes sense?
Q: Somemore what? Loving someone, sexing someone, marrying someone. Is really not the same thing.
M: But wht about our conservative culture? huh? I was brought up quite strictly. And I dont think i can ever sleep with someone js like that w/o marrying him.
Q: At first i was also like u...... Mel, if u wanna find someone, or even b4 even thinking of marrying him, think of urself first. U need to stand on ur own two feet. Being dependent on some guy isn't worth it lah mel.
M: I know, i guess ur right.
SO what is it? Getting married?
=Before this, I wish to marry a rich guy, smart, good looking, taller than me, strong, active in sports. The one tht can sayang me, cherish me, buy me things, surprise me. Hold my hand as often as he can. Become a "tai tai'', spend his money on luxuries, having 3 kids with him, living together w/o our parents anywhere nearby. His job by profession must be in the area of business, marketing, engineering, director. I guess this can go on and on and on.
But now I'm starting to think, what do i really want?
Nothing actually. There is no reason to love someone, you just do.
I can't solve this mystery right now, perhaps Loving someone is a mystery.
Mel
1 comment:
HAH! Finally you update your blog after so long! Anyway, since when you are called Ah Mel? SOOOO nice! Ah Mel! I like calling you that brings me back to my cantonese culture back in KL rather than everything in english!
How are you lately?
Post a Comment